The purposes of these Regulations are to:
- Conserve the value of land and buildings
- Encourage the most appropriate use of land throughout the community
- Encourage the preservation of historically and architecturally important features
- Encourage the use of solar and other forms of renewable energy
- Ensure that each use is consistent with the character of the neighborhood
- Facilitate the adequate provision of transportation, water, sewerage, schools, parks, and other public requirements
- Lessen congestion in the streets
- Prevent the overcrowding of land and the undue concentration of the population
- Promote health and the general welfare, secure safety from fire, panic, flood, and other dangers
- Protect existing and potential public surface and ground drinking water supplies
- Provide adequate light and air
- Provide that the proper provision be made for control of erosion and sedimentation
View a copy of our Zoning Regulations (PDF).
The attached Zoning Regulations were revised to May 23, 2017; Effective July 15, 2017.
The Preston Planning and Zoning Commission adopted the Plan of Conservation and Development in 2014, the plan mandated to be updated every ten years in accordance with the Connecticut General Statues. The Commission is pleased to provide a copy of the DRAFT REGULATIONS for public inspection and review. The Commission will be conducting a public workshop regarding the update in September (date to be announced). Please review and provide comments...