CHECKLIST FOR PLAN SUBMISSION
The following items are required in order to submit an application for a building permit. No building permit application will be accepted if any of the items are missing. For Class 2 Site Plans and/or Commercial Development, additional procedures may apply. When a plan, sketch or other information relative to the issuance of a permit is provided to the Town, it is assumed that this information will be complete and accurate. Incomplete information will result in unnecessary delays of the process.
Submit a plot plan. Footprint of proposed building must be the same as building plans submitted.
- Submit a plot plan. Footprint of proposed building must be the same as building plans submitted.
- Zoning Permit Application - completed. (Purple form) (20-01-06)
- Driveway Permit Application. Driveways must conform to the Zoning Regulations, specifications attached to application form. (Driveways on state roads require a permit from ConnDOT.) (Pink form) (DPW-01006)
- Two (2) sets of building plans and specifications. (Stamped by Licensed Architect or Licensed Engineer when required.) One set will be returned to applicant when a permit is issued.
- Building Permit Application - completed. (Trade applications can be completed after permit is issued but prior to inspections are requested.) (White form) (BA-01-06).
- Energy Code Calculations.
- A septic design approved by Director of Health / Sewage Disposal Application (Gold form) (HD-01-06)
- Proof of Workers Compensation and/or Sole Proprietorship (BA-02-06)
- Documentation of any necessary Land Use Approvals. (Inland Wetland & Watercourses, Planning & Zoning, etc.)
Applications containing the above listed material will be conditionally accepted. However, should additional information be required once the application has been accepted, the applicant will be notified by the respective department.