Visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/prestonhistoricalsocietyct
The Preston Historical Society is dedicated to preserving Preston’s history and rural identity while promoting and enhancing community life for future generations. We believe that building awareness of Preston’s past helps citizens appreciate their town, leading to increased pride in their community.
- Perpetuate the history of the Town of Preston and preserve documents and records of this history.
- Sponsor historical and civic programs and events annually.
- Support local educational initiatives that promote the study of history.
- Support projects which strive to restore, mark or preserve local historical sites or artifacts deemed appropriate by the Board.
The Preston Historical Society will hold meetings on the following dates:
- Wednesday, December 16, 2015 @ 6:30 p.m. at the Preston Public Library, 389 Route 2.
- Wednesday, March 16, 2016 @ 6:30 p.m. at the Preston Public Library, 389 Route 2
- Wednesday, June 15, 2016 @ 6:30 p.m. at the Old Preston Library, 296 Route 164
- Wednesday, August 17, 2016 @ 6:30 p.m. at the Old Preston Library, 296 Route 164
- Sunday, October 23, 2016 @ 1:00 p.m. at the Long Society Meeting House ~ ANNUAL MEETING
Preston Historical Society Executive Board Members
|Linda Christensen, President||Donna Bowles, Vice President|
|Pat Biggins, Secretary||Mark Christensen, Treasurer|
|Dwayne Witter, Director||Mary Ann Melgey, Director|
|Bridget Park, Director|
Are you interested in being a member of the
Preston Historical Society ~ click here