Planning & Zoning Department
The Planning and Zoning Department is a professional office that strives to provide customer-oriented administration of the zoning and subdivision regulations and the associated land use applications.
The department oversees the preparation and coordination of short and long range planning services and goals and works in conjunction with all land use departments for the successful completion of all planning projects.
Our primary responsibility is administering reviews of Site Plans, Subdivision Plans, Special Exceptions and Amendments to the Zoning and Subdivision Regulations. In addition, the department prepares updates to the Plan of Conservation & Development as well as monitors accomplishments. All GIS mapping is coordinated through the department.
The Town Planner is under the First Selectman and the Preston Planning and Zoning Commission (PZC). The planner reviews, comments and provides reports on applications pending before the PZC and will assist other land use boards or commissions upon request.
Town of Preston Planning and Zoning Commission Public Notice
Due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, the Planning and Zoning Commission will be postponing the Planning and Zoning Commission meeting and public hearing scheduled for March 24, 2020, until a later date.
Given that Special Exception Application #2020-01, Amos Holding Company LLC, Applicant/Owner for property located at 53 Hollowell Road; Expansion of Recreational Campground pursuant to Section 18.11 was scheduled for a public hearing, and normally would be available to the public for viewing prior to the meeting, we are posting all relevant information regarding the application on line, if you are interested in viewing the application you may do so on-line at https://www.preston-ct.org/187/Planning-Zoning-Department; If you have any questions regarding the application you may contact the town planner at 860-887-5581 ext. 109. We are asking you to view the material on-line, but if you are unable to view the material on-line and you wish to view the file, you may call the town planner for an appointment.
- Amos Holding Company, LLC.-53 Hollowell Rd Application (PDF)
- Amos Map 1/20/2020 (PDF)
- Amos Map 2/26/2020 (PDF)
- Amos Plans 3/13/2020 (PDF)
- Amos Drainage Narrative 3/16/2020 (PDF)
- Erosion and Sediment Control Bond Estimate 3/16/2020 (PDF)
- Amos Aerial View 3/17/2020 (PDF)
- Department of Public Health Approval For Construction or Installation of Water and Treatment Works 3/20/2020 (PDF)
- Amos Lake Holding Company, LLC. Aerial 4/09/2020 (PDF)
- Amos Lake Holding Company, LLC. Sch 1 (PDF)
- Amos Lake Holding Company, LLC. Sch 2 (PDF)
- Amos Lake Holding Company, LLC. Sch 3 (PDF)
- Amos Lake Holding Company, LLC. Sch 4 (PDF)
- Revised 4/16/2020 Erosion And Sediment Control Bond Estimate (PDF)
- CLA Engineers Bond 4/24/2020 (PDF)
- Communication from Kathy Warzecha 4/28/2020 (PDF)
- Public Comment 4/30/2020 (PDF)
Zoning Enforcement Officer
The Zoning Enforcement Officer (ZEO) is part of this department and administers all zoning permits, zoning complaints, and variances. The ZEO is also the staff for the Zoning Board of Appeals.
The Planning and Zoning Commission meets on the 4th Tuesday of each month at 7:30 p.m. at the Preston Town Hall lower level conference room.
The Zoning Board of Appeal’s meeting is held on the 2nd Monday of each month at 6 p.m. at the Preston Town Hall upper conference room.