Transfer Station Stickers
All vehicles entering the facility must display a Transfer Station sticker, there are no exceptions. The stickers are available from employees at the Transfer Station. Be prepared to show the vehicle registration with a Preston address in order to receive the sticker.
Transfer Station Holiday Hours
Christmas Eve Day: Saturday, December 24 closing at 1:00 PM.
New Year's Eve: Saturday, December 31 closing at 3:00 PM.
Wishing everyone a Happy and Healthy Holiday!
The Town accepts for disposal the following:
- Bulky waste
- Household trash (bagged)
- Bottles, cans, aluminum foil, milk and water plastic jugs (clean)
- Colored plastic jugs, etc. (HDPE Number 1 and Number 2) (clean)
- Corrugated cardboard (flattened, cleaned)
- Mixed clean paper (including newspaper)
Items That Require Seeing the Attendant for Disposal
- Anti-freeze, Oil Filters, Engine Drain Oil
- Batteries (Car & Household; 9V, AAA, etc)
- Computers & Electronics (TVs, etc)
- Light bulbs, fluorescent bulbs (special container)
- Smoke Detectors
- Scrap metal
- Demolition material
- Propane tanks
- Refrigerators and Air Conditioners
Leaves or Brush
The Transfer Station does not accept leaves or brush per Town Ordinance. Brush may be brought to the Public Works Department located at:
423 Route 2
Preston, CT 06365
Monday - Friday
7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
NOTE: Transfer Station will be open on Good Friday and the day after Thanksgiving