Preston Historical Society Executive Board Members
- Bridget Park, President
- Pat Macek, Vice President
- Linda Christensen, Secretary
- Mark Christensen, Treasurer
- Sandra Bouffard, Director
- Mary Ann Melgey, Director
- Mike Clancy, Director
The Preston Historical Society is dedicated to preserving Preston’s history and rural identity while promoting and enhancing community life for future generations. We believe that building awareness of Preston’s past helps citizens appreciate their town, leading to increased pride in their community.
- Perpetuate the history of the Town of Preston and preserve documents and records of this history.
- Sponsor historical and civic programs and events annually.
- Support local educational initiatives that promote the study of history.
- Support projects which strive to restore, mark or preserve local historical sites or artifacts deemed appropriate by the Board.
- The Historical Society is in the process of digitizing our archives. As we process the documents they are available to view through the CT. Collections. Click on link below to search the collection.
The archives and books are housed at the Preston Public Library.
Preston Public Library
389 Route 2
Preston, CT. 06365
Phone 860-886-1010, Fax 860-886-4952
Tuesday 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Wednesday 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Thursday 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Friday 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Saturday 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM