What if I think I am being over-assessed?

You can appeal your assessment to the Board of Assessment Appeals. If you filed your declaration later or failed to file at all, you my still appeal your assessment, but a 25% penalty must still be applied. Contact the Assessor’s Office at 860-887-5581, ext. 115 for more information about the Board of Assessment Appeals.

Show All Answers

1. What is Taxable Personal Property?
2. I already paid sales taxes on my property. Is this a new requirement?
3. Who must file a personal property declaration?
4. I didn’t get a declaration in the mail. Am I still required to report my property?
5. When are personal property declarations due to be filed?
6. What if I don’t file a declaration?
7. How does the assessor know if my declaration is accurate?
8. What if I buy or set up a business after October 1?
9. I’m no longer in business but I received a declaration. Do I still need to file?
10. Are there any tax breaks available to owners of personal property?
11. What if I think I am being over-assessed?