Can I perform all the work on my own house?

Yes, according to Connecticut General Statute section 20-340(11) persons engaged in the installation, maintenance, repair and service of glass or electrical, plumbing, fire protection sprinkler systems, solar, heating, piping, cooling and sheet metal equipment in and about single-family residences owned and occupied or to be occupied by such persons; provided any such installation, maintenance and repair shall be subject to inspection and approval by the Building Official of the municipality in which such residence is located and shall conform to the requirements of the State Building Code.

Show All Answers

1. When do I need a permit?
2. I need to have an upgrade or some other change done to my electric service. What do I need to do?
3. What permits do I need to install a pool or spa on private property?
4. Is a permit required for a pool with an inflatable top ring that rises as water is added?
5. Is a permit required for a shed?
6. How long is my permit good for?
7. Can I perform all the work on my own house?
8. Where are ARC Fault Circuit Breakers required?