Building Department Applications and Supplemental Information (Forms)
Please reference the "Minimum Permit Applications Requirements" link prior to completing the application form(s). Providing the requested information for each type of application will help expedite the review process.
The building department has up to 30 days to review and respond to all applications for permit. Generally, the application process will take two to three weeks.
A complete submission with all requested information at the initial submission, depending on the size and scope of the project, can reduce the review and approval to a week or less.
Effective July 1, 2019, Town of Preston Will Be Joining the Uncas Health District (UHD)
Albert Gosselin, Jr., Registered Sanitarian
401 West Thames Street - Suite 106
Phone: 860-823-1189 Ext. 113
Uncas Health District Website
- Requirements - Interior Alterations including Basements (PDF)
- Requirements - One and Two Family Dwellings and Detached Accessory Structures (PDF)
- Requirements - Plot Plan (PDF)
- Requirements - Pools and Spas (PDF)
- Requirements - Prior To A Certificate of Occupancy Being Issued (PDF)
- Requirements - Windows and Doors (PDF)