The purposes of these Regulations are to:
- Conserve the value of land and buildings
- Encourage the most appropriate use of land throughout the community
- Encourage the preservation of historically and architecturally important features
- Encourage the use of solar and other forms of renewable energy
- Ensure that each use is consistent with the character of the neighborhood
- Facilitate the adequate provision of transportation, water, sewerage, schools, parks, and other public requirements
- Lessen congestion in the streets
- Prevent the overcrowding of land and the undue concentration of the population
- Promote health and the general welfare, secure safety from fire, panic, flood, and other dangers
- Protect existing and potential public surface and ground drinking water supplies
- Provide adequate light and air
- Provide that the proper provision be made for control of erosion and sedimentation
View a copy of our Zoning Regulations (PDF).
The attached Zoning Regulations were Approved February 26, 2019; Effective March 18, 2019.